For Momma - Memorial Slide Show (Turn Playlist Music off before watching)

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Smile For The Camera - Womens History Month

The word prompt for the 21st Edition of Smile For The Camera is "Give Their Face A Place." March is Women's History month and you are asked to picture women back into history. The unknown, known and unsung women who are often the foundation of our family history. Give their face a place. The interpretation is yours. Admission is free with every photograph!
Your submission may include as many or as few words as you feel are necessary to describe your treasured photograph. Those words may be in the form of an expressive comment, a quote, a journal entry, a poem (your own or a favorite), a scrapbook page, or a heartfelt article. The choice is yours!


It's always a difficult task to choose just one woman to honor during "Women's History Month". Instead of tossing a coin this year, I decided to do something different. My submission is a slide show I created honoring my female ancestors.

These are my ancestors, they would be the mothers who would nurture the generations that followed them. I give them my praise, my respect and my adoration.

You may enjoy this short slide show right here on "The Ties That Bind" or by going to my Vimeo account at: http://vimeo.com/10073221

If you choose to watch the video on my blog please take a moment to close my playlist by clicking on the "double bars" before starting the video, so that you can enjoy the music and narration in the video. You can also view it in "full screen mode" by clicking on the little star like figure in the lower right hand corner of the Vimeo screen. It is much more enjoyable in full screen - once the video ends hit your "esc" key to return.

Hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. Terri, this is the best blog I have seen. This slide show is so clever. You always impress me with everything you present. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! What a lovely tribute - you are incredibly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! I love doing slide shows and it was fun to do something different for this edition of "Smile For the Camera".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri, Thanks for stopping by my Forgotten Old Photos Blog! I did visit the geneology blog..and signed up! Thank you so much for the very kind offer to fix my damaged photo..he is nameless..so he will go forgotten forever..but it was so kind of you to offer! I can see that you do marvelous restorations..they are just stunningly beautiful..you are very talented! :) Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,
    Your video tribute to your female ancestors is absolutely amazing! You are a genea-blogger
    extraordinaire!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails