For Momma - Memorial Slide Show (Turn Playlist Music off before watching)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just the other side of the bridge - Part 1 of Amongst My Momma's Treasures


A long time ago I received this Thomas Kinkade picture in an email and fell in love with its peacefulness. I so can picture myself spending eternity there.

After my husband, Darrell, died I would imagine him living there with our Kallie Dog. He would be “putzying” with something and Kallie would be swimming in the stream or chasing a ball.

After loosing my Mom last month, I again have found comfort in this Kinkade painting. I imagine her cottage is just on the other side of the bridge. Darrell and Mom get together for coffee and she bakes him one of her yummy banana cream pies. Occasionally my grandparents stop by and they all have a grand time. They chat about the day we will all be together again and pray that those of us still here on earth are doing well.

I know what you are thinking right now. You're thinking – WOW this lady has quite the imagination. And you would be right.

Amongst my Momma's treasures was a small *book I had given her in hopes that it would bring her some comfort as she struggled with cancer. I was drawn to the book shortly after Darrell died. I would read a few pages every night to help my mind settle into sleep. When I found the book next to her chair there were several pages marked. The first page marked read: “I have loved you....fear not, for I am with you.” (Isaiah 43:4-5) and “He humbled himself and became obedient to death – even death on the cross.” (Philippians 2:8). One of Mom's treasures was the powerful faith that she had in God. It was so precious to her that she taught it to her children, so that we too could receive the joy of knowing our Saviour and the blessing of eternal life with Him.

One day I will walk across the bridge where my husband waits for me at the foot of the bridge and he will say: “Welcome home sweetheart – what kept you so long.” Oh, and I can't wait to have a piece of my Mom's delicious banana cream pie. For now God has work for me to do here, but one day.........

To be continued.......
(*book: Fear Not – The Promise book by Max Lucado)


4 comments:

  1. For now God has work for me to do here, but one day.........

    Words for us all to live by my dear. Thank you for reminding us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I love the picture, it is very peaceful. I've read several Max Lucado books, one I can't remember the name, I never finished reading. I was going through a difficult time and the words were so true and helpful. But I would read a few pages and cry. I think the words did help and the difficult times passed but I didn't finish the book. I guess the thought of trying to go back to read it brought back the memory of too many sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Terri! I find great comfort in a Thomas Kinkade painting myself . . . my mom had several, Thomas Kinkade paintings throughout her home that I hope to acquire very soon . . . his paintings are so peaceful and lifting.

    I bet my mom is up there with your mom, my Oma, her two brothers, my Opa, your Darrell, all enjoying your mom's Banana Cream Pie and my mom's, made from scratch, Pineapple Upside-Down cake, that so many loved . . . like you, I have much work to do here but I know one day, we will all be hanging out together again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Terri, I'm glad it gives you a sense of peace. The painting is beautiful. Just remember, your mom and your husband are watching over you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails